Transition Management In and For Cities
Experience and learn about how to capture complexity in urban settings and design co-creation processes for sustainable resilient futures, together with action researchers and experts on Transition Management.
During the e-learning course we will take a closer look at transition dynamics in cities: how to examine and understand on-going processes by bringing together driving forces and have a ‘hold on’ those who we conceptualise as transition frontrunners.
The e-learning course aims to deepen the knowledge and understanding of the processes of planning and realizing climate resilient and urban sustainable development. We offer a series of lectures in combination with expert tutorials, peer discussions, scheduled (online) interactions, and literature references:
- An introduction to transitions thinking and complexity in the context of urban sustainability transitions;
- An introduction to the operationalization of Transition Management in urban contexts;\
- Sharing of insights from Transition Management processes in practice;
- An interactive web-based course on fitness of Transition Management as a transdisciplinary method and approach to your research problem and context;
- A lecture on the actors in transition management processes and questions of empowerment and power shifts;
- Interactive discussions and assignments to apply Transition Management to your research problem and context
This e-learning course is designed for: PhD candidates, junior researchers or post graduate students (Master’s degree in the field of urban development and planning, environmental science, and other related disciplines). The course aims to deepen the knowledge and understanding of climate resilient and urban sustainable development.
Dates: March 1st – June 28th, 2016
Indicative Work Load: 56 hours
Language of Instruction: English
Application Deadline: February 2, 2016
At the end of the course, participants taking actively part in the full course will get a Certificate of Completion, as well as a recommendation letter for receiving 2 ECTS credits.
Registration for of the E-learning course is free of charge. Participation costs are covered by SUSTAIN, an Erasmus Mundus Project